RÉDUIRE VOS ÉMISSIONS D'ODEURS DE 95%
Filtration de l'air d’échappement et récupération de chaleur pour les installations de traitement du caoutchouc
Case study for rubber processing plants: The KMA ULTRAVENT® exhaust air filter system
The Gummiwerk KRAIBURG Elastik plans to expand its production capacity by building a new production hall in the close vicinity of a residential area. The new production plant will produce rubber mats which will be used, for example, as impact sound insulation or damping material. For this purpose, used tires are processed into rubber granulate, which is used to manufacture the rubber mats.
The aim of the company is a sustainable concept with regard to environmental protection, occupational health and safety and economic efficiency of the new production plant. The odor emissions caused by thermal decomposition during the production process are to be greatly reduced.
The solution: purification of the production exhaust air with a volume of 60.000 m3/h, while simultaneously using of the production waste heat.
A hybrid filter system consisting of electrostatic filter, heat exchanger and fine carbon filter removes the oily smoke, extracts the odors from the exhaust air and simultaneously removes the production waste heat. The exhaust air is used by the integrated heat recovery system to heat the production halls during the colder months. This fully covers the heat requirements of the production building.
The installation of the KMA ULTRAVENT® electrostatic filter system reduces CO2 emissions from production by 205 tons per year. In this way, the company goal of sustainably reducing the “carbon footprint” is achieved. The annual saving in operating costs leads to a payback period for the filter technology of approx. 3 years.
INUSTRIAL RUBBER PROCESSING IN GERMANY
Production of rubber mats of Gummiwerk KRAIBURG Elastik in Tittmoning, Germany
Exhaust air volume per hour: 60.000 m3
Emission of CO2 per year: over 220 tons
- Exhaust air mixture of dusts, oil smoke and aerosols
- Highly odorous exhaust air
- Production plant is in close vicinity to a residential area
EFFICIENT HEAT RECOVERY AND ODOR REMOVAL
Energy efficient KMA ULTRAVENT® electrostatic filter system with integrated heat recovery, fine carbon filter and innovative filter cleaning system.
1. The exhaust air is cleaned of particles and aerosols using an electrostatic filter.
2. The heat contained in the exhaust air is withdrawn through the heat exchanger. This heat is then used by the heat exchanger to heat the fresh supply air.
3. The fine carbon filter removes the odors.
LOWER ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND REDUCED CO2 EMISSIONS
- Annual saving of energy costs of approx. 30.000 €.
- Annual reduction of CO2 emissions by 205 tons and thus a significantly improved environmental balance of the company
- Odour separation of 95%
- Amortization of the filter technology after approx. 3 years